Saturday, January 31, 2009

Project Improv!

I came across this really cool project at Tallgrass Prairie Studio blog and have committed to an 12.5" orange/pink block and to help with putting some of the charity quilts together. For those like me that have the desire to quilt beyond the traditional strips, triangles, blocks and colors to let loose to bring out the creative artist dying to get out this project may help!

A few months ago I challenged myself to a liberated log cabin pattern from the book Collaborative Quilting by Gwen Marston . Unfortunately I ran out of time so I had to skip the black and white border but I ended up adding a really cool fabric for the binding and backing. One of the biggest challenges was not doing right angles...by the time the last couple of logs went on the right angles came back!!! I guess my brief architectural drafting background strongly programmed brain! But I must say it was liberating to pick colors and cut shapes as I built the block.







4 comments:

  1. OMG, as my daughter would say, I'm now a fan of yellow. What a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one, but then my favorite color is yellow. you have a great selection of fabrics in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I need ideas on how to do quilt labels on the computer. Mostly for quick projects and minis. I don't want to always bother my good friend Karen. I'll save her skills for the big quilts!

    I'm mostly interested if there is software. Also, interested in comments on medium! Any ideas would be fun. Is this the type of question I can be asking on the Blog?

    ReplyDelete