Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wow, can't believe it's been 2 weeks since my last post!

Lots going on in my non-quilting job preparing for a national sales meeting in Palm Springs - can't wait to get my desert fix, it's been a long time! I've also been working on a customer's king size custom quilt...lots open space so I'm trying some new techniques for me (tracing paper for block designs) and have a baby quilt top from last year that I plan to complete for my Project a Month club...will post when I'm finished.

Since I did't have any current pictures to show I was thinking of the Dresden plates I tackled last year for clients, each very different in colors and the quilting I chose. This first one was made by Jan H. she used old fabrics from her mother-in-law and the next was made from her mother's fabrics- both so very beautiful.



This Dresden was made by Jennie (sunflowerquilts) - she is an amazingly percise quilter!

I forgot to add this one so I'm updating this post...this was a top I picked up an antique shop years ago I took the edging off and added a pink plaid backing and had fun with free motion echo quilting throughout the white areas. The fabrics are very charming with the gold center reminds me of daisies.

Well, I'm off to tackle a feather border on the king size quilt!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, shucks! I'm blushing! I'm going to work on the binding at a lock-in on Friday, and hopefully get it out to the person I made it for on Monday! ~ Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having seen Jennie's in person all I can say is that you both are amazingly talented quilters!!! The quilting is just gorgeous. I love what you did w/the vintage one as well.

    ReplyDelete