Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Anne Lullie Class at Quilt in Joy


Anne Lullie Class at Quilt in Joy
Originally uploaded by PaigeAlaine

Hi, I'm back! Lots have been going on amongst a much needed vacation - a 2500 mile road trip thru Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado! So now that I'm refreshed and enjoying the great weather instead of trying to catch up for my absence from this blog I am going to commit to posting at least once a week. I have several client and personal projects in the pipeline so please check back periodically and post a comment!

I created this quilt in a class at Quilt in Joy in Huntley this past Sunday. The teacher was quilt artist Anne Lullie she lives in Lake in the Hills, IL and is part of the Chicago School of Fusing group with Laura Wasilowski and others -there designs and color layout are very inspiring!

I had a blast, this is my own creation inspired by one of her patterns/samples. Something to try, very liberating to free hand cut shapes and play with batiks. I can't wait to quilt it!

On a sad note, in June I lost my big guy Chance he was challenged with diabetes and his system was giving out...he is now in heaven with all our other wonderful and cherished pets we've had over the years...luv ya Big Guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment