Sunday, January 10, 2010

Keepsake photo quilts!

I finished the following photo quilts for a client to give to her loved ones for Christmas and she sent me a note back saying "thanks again - your quilts were the best gifts I have ever given and it was because of your handwork and thought that you put into all. it gave me a wonderful feeling i haven't had in years!"

I sometimes forget why I quilt for clients because I don't usually get to see their reactions or hear their comments but when someone said they'd cried when they opened up their gift it all makes sense!!! Nothing means more than a handmade gift made specifically for someone...you can't buy this in a big chain store so be sure to support your LOCAL crafters!!!

I scanned Duke's winning pictures for Desitiny Dream harness racing horse the quilt was @ 40x40.

Unfortunately, the sun hardly peaked thru the clouds in December so I didn't have adequate lighting to does these quilts justice -the pinks we very bright and the white was white! The pictures were of the most recent wedding anniversary and their daughter's first Christmas. The quilt is @ 45x45.

I pulled all my favorite batiks for this cute pet photo quilt -@36x36.
This pattern was inspired by Terri Atkinson's "Slide Show" pattern, quilt is 54x54.

You can see more of the images on my Flickr site.
Keep warm!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love how they all turned out! The black floral fabric was perfect to frame out the b/w one.

    ReplyDelete